Friday, March 14, 2008

I've been burglarized.

Sighh... So, on Tuesday at approximately 1:40 pm I ran out of the office and sped home to take Avatar (my wee dog) outside to relieve himself. Upon entering my home, I saw some boxes on the couch, and all the doors were open (unusual). The wave of horror swept over me when I went into the bedroom and it was ransacked. The police came over, we filed a report, etc. In total we lost: the digital camera, our video camera, an old gun that belonged to Louie's late grandma (and her mother before her), about $300 in cash, an alarm clock, two pairs of Louie's Jordans, a Sega Genesis + controllers, an original Nintendo, a used kitchen sponge, and my backpack and pillow case (with which to carry the loot?). Soooo lame. Luckily, Avatar was not harmed, my wedding ring was not taken (???!!), and they were gone by the time I got there. So we immediately had a land line put in and got a security system. I do not recommend being burglarized. 'Tis not fun.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

So sorry to hear about your break-in! Thank goodness they didn't get your ring! But the kitchen sponge????? I guess everyone has dirty dishes....but come on!

Sprinkles of Qute! said...

Carolyn....so sad to hear your news. Stephen and I had our garage and his truck broken into as well. Took sooooo much from his truck. Boo. What kind of dog did you get? And thank goodness they did not hurt your dog. Bailey is in town for 24 hours this coming Friday and Sat. Give us a call.

Nicole said...

Im not pointing fingers but I would guess its the crazies 4 doors down!!! Im sorry Coo and Loo at least no one got hurt right. See ya tonight!!!!

Elizabeth said...

NOOOoooOOO!!!!