Thursday, July 9, 2009

Garcia Family Fun

Two years ago Louie's Grandma died at the young age of 68. She was the matriarch of his mom's side of the family. Definitely the leader of the family. Her death was very hard on everybody. On the anniversary of her death, we all got together in her memory for a big family dinner. Her children all cooked the food their mom had made for them growing up. She was an Okie from Oklahoma, so all the food was good southern grub. We had cornbread, sweet bread, chicken & dumplings, greens, sweet tea, and much more. It was delicious, and a really nice way to honour her memory and her love of cooking and feeding her family.

The cooks in the kitchen

Aunt Mary (Louie's sister) feeding Chi-Chee

Luna in a devil costume


I love this face she's making



Me and Julia, Louie's little sister. Look how tan that girl is! I'm so jealous!
My plate of luscious food. I wish I had room for more

Sitting around eating


The sweet bread. I was hesitant to try it, but it was awesome. Beside it, the bowl of greasy fat bacon.

Me n' Loub
We miss you Grandma Mary

3 comments:

Liz Fisher said...

Julia does look tan but you look gorgeous! Louie's family sure knows how to eat. Have a great day.

Julie said...

Looks like a fun time Coo!!!

Lori and Brian Faulconer said...

How cool to do that for his Grandma! That's a great tradition to start, especially so that Luna and the other little ones will be able to learn about her, though they have never met her.