Sunday, August 8, 2010

Fishing

We left our house at 5:40 a.m. Sunday morning (can you believe it?!) and headed out to Georgiana Slough / Walnut Grove (I'm not sure exactly where we were) and did some fishing in the Sacramento River with my husband's family.

This is Luna on the drive out to the fishing spot. Not too happy - or awake - at 6:00 a.m.

We were the first of our party to get there, so we had the place to ourselves for about a half hour! Luna chased her ball around and tried to jump in the river.


Me n' Tune Lou knows how to fish and really likes to. I had no idea! It's fun to see your husband doing a new hobby (although by the end of the day we both agreed fishing sucks & is only fun if you catch something).
Sissy with her own fishing pole! It had wire & a hook on it at first, but it just kept getting messed up so we took everything off and just let her play with the fishing pole itself.


Feet in the sand - "Ewwww!"
Me alone with the fishing pole. No idea what I was doing. I made sure though that the sun hit my arms & feet evenly, so as to get a little tan. If I got any color at all, the day would be a success (all I got was a little redness and more freckles, by the way).
Lou's cousin climbing out on a limb to free the wire that got stuck
Playing before everyone got there
Sis & Daddy by the river

1 comment:

KB CORNER said...

so glad you and Louie have decided not like fishing...the last time i tried fishing, my arm got caught with my nephew's hook. no fun. and yes, i cried.