The sun is shining through the window.
Me n' Avi are just chillin'.

I am returning to work in a week and a half. I have been home since December 26th. My baby is now 4 months old. Old enough for me to leave her during the day. I have loved this time with her, playing and cleaning house and having dinner ready when daddy gets home from work. I love being a housewife, I have discovered. I am very grateful that I have been able to stay home this long, and that I was getting paid while off work.
I am returning to work in a week and a half. I have been home since December 26th. My baby is now 4 months old. Old enough for me to leave her during the day. I have loved this time with her, playing and cleaning house and having dinner ready when daddy gets home from work. I love being a housewife, I have discovered. I am very grateful that I have been able to stay home this long, and that I was getting paid while off work.
But part of me is very, very sad. I am not ready to go back. It wouldn’t be any easier if I were to go back now or after a year. I am lucky that she will be watched by family who love her, and she will be safe. It is difficult for me, even with all the positive aspects of it. Someday I will get to stay home. But not today. I just have to deal with it and remember that life is good, and we are fortunate to be employed.
I am still going to miss my baby girl though.
2 comments:
Coo, I hear going back to work is one of the hardests parts of motherhood. Don't worry about Luna, I am so excited to have her and I don't want you to worry about her not one bit while she is with me. it will be some good Auntie time :)
Funny... layoff notices start next week! Thankfully, we're not on the list, this round. I am so happy you are returning because I have been unsuccessful in seeing you outside of work since you left. Leiana will be an official babysitter this weekend after she certifies in infant/child CPR. I love her. Kids are great! You have so much to look forward to! :)
Post a Comment